Back in the 80s the Bangles sang “Just another manic Monday.” Yesterday was such a day for me.
- Hubs has been on vacation; I have not. I trusted myself to wake up at my appointed time without an alarm clock. Good wifey that I am, I didn’t want to wake hubs. I awoke an hour later than anticipated.
- Because I live only a half mile from my gym I knew I could still squeeze in a workout before work. I got in the car and my headphones were not where I thought they should be.
- Back inside the house, I couldn’t find the headphones. Back to the car to look for them there…again. No luck.
- Another trip back inside. I found the headphones.
- Back to the car and I couldn’t find my car keys, which I’d had possession of the first time I attempted to leave.
All of this was very frustrating and I was tempted to chuck the workout. Only one thing kept me from doing that. I have a BHAG on my schedule. A BHAG is a Big Hairy Audacious Goal. Mine is on March 6 and I don’t have a moment to waste.
I’ll tell you more about that in January. But suffice it to say, there’s nothing like a big event on my calendar to get me to the gym.