I’ll let you in on a little secret. I wrote yesterday’s blog post over the weekend while the shock of reading the obituary was still fresh. I scheduled the post to go up yesterday morning.
By the time that post launched, I was several hours into being without electricity due to a little ice storm that graced Tennessee Sunday night. I guess March really does come in like a lion.
It wasn’t lost on me that my post about savoring every day was published on a day when I was feeling VERY inconvenienced. So what was there to savor and stir feelings of gratitude? Here’s a list.
1. While I’m not one to rush to the grocery store before a snow or ice storm, I do go to the gas station and fill ‘er up. Yesterday morning when my cell phone was near death with no way to charge it in the house, I sat in my car with the heater on and charged my phone there.
2. The Nashville Electric Service had our power back on in 4.5 hours.
3. My mom was also without power and hers was restored in about two hours.
5. In my Development Director role, I work for an agency that cares about staff. My boss affirmed my plan to work from home. She understands I can’t afford to slip and fall while recovering from surgery.
6. Working from home gave me another day to work through the post surgery fatigue I’m still experiencing.
8. Whoever invented Reynolds slow cooker bags is a genius.
9. Yesterday was a no makeup or hairstyling day! (Sorry, hubs.)
What about you? Is it snowy or icy where you live? How are you managing?