For the past two days my meal portions have been too large. Why? Because it was brought to my attention that
bold-faced lies untrue statements have been made about me. Don’t bother wondering which of my many circles of influence this is coming from. I’ll not cop to it. But I’m mad. I’m mad as Hell, frankly. But my anger has morphed from being mad at the perpetrators to being mad at me. I allowed myself to fall into the trap that many disordered eaters contend with…using food to stuff down my feelings. So what am I doing to turn this around?
- I’ve just spoken with a trusted adviser. The simple act of sharing my emotions with someone else has made this situation seem less like THE END OF THE WORLD and more like a minor annoyance.
- While I don’t know why this is happening, I can assume that the people involved have some sort of fear, and character assassination is their way of dealing with it. I’m grateful I don’t have to live in their heads. My mind is crazy enough, thank you.
- Tonight before I go to sleep I will pray for the perps. I’ve been taught to say a “resentment prayer” daily for 30 days. Trust me, I don’t mean a word of it during the first couple of sessions but during the course of 30 days magical things start to happen. My resentments disappear.
- While surfing Facebook I found a quote written by Byron Katie, a writer I admire. “Our job is unconditional love. The job of everyone else in our life is to push our buttons.” I’ll dwell on this for a few days.
- I’ve recalled another saying I’ve heard and like, “What people think of me is none of my business.” Ah….
- and finally, I’m admitting this to you.
Thanks for reading.